cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From BURGHARD √Čric <eric.burgh...@systheo.com>
Subject xslt and jxtg performance
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 16:31:56 GMT
just for information,

i've achieved some template migration from jxtg (2.2-dev) to
xslt 2.0 (saxon8) and record a 7 to 10 factor speed increase on the same
pages (cache desactivated).

the templates (jx+jpath) were transformed (for the biggest part) by a simple
xslt 2.0 stylesheet. Common constructions and expressions are almost
trivial to convert to xslt 2.0 + xpath 2.0. jx:import is converted to
xi:include (handled by xerces) and jx:macro to xsl:template (sometimes
manually rewritten to xsl:function). Only a few manual modifications were
necessary to make things work (jexl java tricks -> clean xsl). We didn't
use fancy things at all.

flow and pipeline are almost the same (sendpage params to url params, and
dom param to generator inside pipeline).

Some of our pages are still in jxtg. We need to drive transformation based
on cform model. jxtg + cform macros are really usefull here, but i'm really
frighten by the poor performance we have on quite a big model + template
(several seconds: who's guilty ?). I'm quite convinced that cform generator
+ xslt 2.0 library (functions and templates) could make things as easy as
they are with jx + cform macros.

Anybody went through this way before ?