cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Luca Morandini <luca.morandi...@tin.it>
Subject ImageMap widget for CForms
Date Mon, 30 May 2005 17:43:23 GMT
Folks,

I made my first Cocoon widget :)

It isn't at all that hard, though I managed to waste time by trying to
subclass my widget from the Action class :(

Anyway, here's how to use it:
1) Definition document:
<fd:imagemap id="map">
	<fd:hint>
		<i18n:text>refresh.hint.mapZoomin</i18n:text>
	</fd:hint>
	<fd:on-action>
		<javascript>onClickMap();</javascript>
	</fd:on-action>
</fd:imagemap>

2) Template document:
<ft:widget id="map">
	<fi:styling border="2"/>
</ft:widget>

3) No binding required.

4) Flow:
function onClickMap () {

	var x= Number(cocoon.request.getParameter("map.x"));
	var y= Number(cocoon.request.getParameter("map.y"));
	var uri;

	uri= "<zoomed map uri/>";
	frm.getWidget().lookupWidget("map").setImageSource(uri);
}

So, the image map's URI is set by setImageSource(); when the user clicks
on it the onClickMap (or whatever is specified in on-action)  flowscript
is called, which gets mouse coordinates from request parameters.

Simple, isn't it ?

If someone would like some features to be added, this is the right time
to speak... otherwise I'll make a zipball and donate the thing.

BTW, I'd like mouse coordinates to be retrieved by querying the map
widget rather than the request object... anyone knows a simple way to do
this from within the widget class (subclass of AbstractWidget) ?

Regards,

    Luca Morandini
www.lucamorandini.it