cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject demos sites on cocoon zone (was: Planet Cocoon license and reuse of docs)
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 06:50:57 GMT
Le 27 mai 05, à 03:24, Antonio Gallardo a écrit :
> ...If I becomes the root of our zone,
> then I will be glad to provide all the necessary support to materialize
> this effort...

Great, thanks!

I've not used solaris yet but I've worked with many different unixes,
if you can give me access I could probably help (limited time ATM
though).

> ...As pointed before, I believe we can also setup there some cocoon
> demo
> sites. I know, this is OT here, but I think it will be good to have 3
> demos:
>
> 1- Current released version
> 2- Daily SVN 2.1.x
> 3- Daily SVN 2.2.x..

Good idea, but I'm not sure if we want to have three versions there,
maybe we should start with the release and go from there?

> ...How to do that? I think we have 3 posibilities:
>
> A. On the same servlet container instalation.
> B. Virtual sites. Is this posible inside a zone? I believe yes, but
> not sure...

You mean a mod_proxy kind of thing? That's what I'd suggest, there's no
reason why it shouldn't work in a zone.

The easiest thing IMHO is to just start Cocoon with "./cocoon.sh
servlet", from a script started from rc.d (dunno how it works under
solaris though), and use a specific user for this (say "demo1"). Makes
it very easy to setup and monitor.

Then, if you want to run several versions, start more instances and add
mod_proxy configs to access them.

I have some example configs that I could provide if you need them.

-Bertrand