cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Unico Hommes <un...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Small CMS on top of the SVN repository
Date Wed, 25 May 2005 22:50:18 GMT

Ross Gardler wrote:
> Unico Hommes wrote:

>>> Daisy already IS set up: www.cocoondev.org/handbook
>>> I now use it for the tutorial only, but I really don't mind if it
>>> becomes the (temporary?) home of the entire new documentation.
>>

>> I saw your mail about it right after I hit send :) Well in that case,
>> perhaps I should better concentrate on other things. I have to say it
>> looks like exactly what is needed. And if Ross is working on a way to
>> integrate it with Forrest it seems like our truubles will be over very
>> soon.
>

> I would like to encourage you to create a CForms based editor that will
> write to SVN. There is already a plugin for Forrest that creates an
> htmlArea editor, however it is not CForms based and only writes to the
> filesystem. I've been using it for some time with great success on my
> Learning Object editor (http://www.burrokeet.org).
>
> If you create CForms editor here I will replace the existing Forrest
> plugin with your CForm based editor.
>
> This will mean that people will be able to do "forrest run" and edit the
> content in SVn immediately. As the Daisy plugin matures the same will be
> true for content in a Daisy repository. Similarly, if PlanetCocoon
> succeeds we can integrate their content and editing in the same way.

I'd rather not have people need to install anything at all in order to
edit documentation but instead be able to log in to an online system.

> My vision is to integrate all the various efforts via a Forrest
> publishing system. Please, if you have time go ahead and write the
> htmlArea -> SVN editor.

I enabled the htmlArea plugin you mention for the forrest site to get a
better feel for what you mean but I couldn't immediately get it working.
 I'll have a better look at it tomorrow. If the editor is to be used
inside the plugin, then I'd rather just develop it in the context of
that plugin directly.

- --
Unico