cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Block builder and deployer
Date Wed, 25 May 2005 07:29:43 GMT
Unico Hommes wrote:
> Exactly my thinking. In fact the reason I asked is that I was thinking
> of starting a Maven2 plugin for cocoon. I've been looking at the
> emerging Maven2 effort that is due to come out this summer and I think
> its going to be a killer. IIUC I can just start that in the whiteboard
> without a vote right?

Yes.

Maven2 is very interesting: it seems that most architectural
shortcomings of Maven 1 have been fixed.

I have written an xsl that converts the gump descriptor in the block.xml
files, I just need to test it. I also want to use the Maven Ant tasks to
download the jars needed, as already voted on this list. For this, and
to be able to collaborate on transitive dependencies with the other
projects, we will need to create also a pom.xml for each block, which
would help also your effort for Maven 2.

BTW, the current schema is inadeguate for MAven2:

   <libraries>
     <lib id="avalon-framework-api" location="core"/>
     <lib id="avalon-framework-impl" location="core"/>
     <lib id="excalibur-xmlutil" location="core"/>
     <lib id="excalibur-pool" location="core"/>
     <lib id="excalibur-sourceresolve" location="core"/>
   </libraries>

I'll have to change it to mimic the Maven pom library entries.

OTOMH, maybe it may also be beneficial to use the Maven2 directory
project layout, at least for blocks.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -