cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Unico Hommes <>
Subject Re: Planet Cocoon license and reuse of docs
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 22:49:57 GMT

Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Yes it *is* about the technology. Why don't we have cool docs? Because
> writing them in XML is a major PITA. That's why I dislike writing docs
> so much.
> Give me an htmlarea in a webapp and I'll be happy to dump my brain. And
> we have this today with Cocoon.

That gets me thinking that perhaps, instead of installing a ready to go
CMS like Daisy or Lenya or whathaveyou, we should just start right
there. I mean, install a minimal Cocoon with Linotype at and start adding the features we want to it.

As a start I'd volunteer to make Linotype use our SVN repository as its
backend. I'm sure we can find some space in our repository for that.

This discussion has been gaining so much momentum it's clear that we
should just start to fucking implement the doko before all this energy
disperses because of some political standoff or people waiting for each
other to make the first move.

BTW. Where *is* Linotype? I found this but
 looking at I can't seem to find it. Linotype in
the 2.1 branch seems to be somewhat broken.

- --
Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (Darwin)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird -

View raw message