cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Luca Morandini <luca.morandi...@tin.it>
Subject Re: Server-side image map in CForms ?
Date Mon, 23 May 2005 19:00:13 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Luca Morandini wrote:
>
>> Jorg Heymans wrote:
>
> Hmm... can't multi-channelling techniques apply here also? e.g. if the
> browser is a voice browser for visually impaired, use a special
> dedicated stylesheet.

Ahem... have you ever tried to describe a geographic map using VoiceXML ;) ?

Seriosuly now, I'll heavily use the multi-channel capability of Cocoon
for textual pages... but maps are different.

For maps I'm not (obviously) targeting blind people, rather, I'm
targeting people with *some*  coordination problems and *some* sighting
problems, like the old folks (hmm... I'm pushing 40 this year, I should
be careful with this "old" label).

Yes, according to an Eurostat estimate (see [1]) some 17% of people over
55 are Internet users, and their numbers will steadily increase: making
maps easily accessibile to them is a sensible move, marketing-wise.

The map-viewing platform I envisage will be very simple and work even
with very big fonts and buttons, and it should do this without
JavaScript, frames and mouse (I mean, mouse is considered an optional,
useful, but not necessary).

Regards,

[1]
http://epp.eurostat.cec.eu.int/cache/ITY_OFFPUB/KS-NP-05-018/EN/KS-NP-05-018-EN.PDF