cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject #cocoon
Date Thu, 19 May 2005 19:50:50 GMT
Hi,

At the moment, conversations on #cocoon are not logged.

Now, even though that :
- the IRC channel is *not* the recommended way for sharing information,
- no big discussions of interest are happening there anyway,
- we don't promote IRC usage as yet another source of information,

I still think it is useful to log everything being said there and
include it somewhere for reference. All it needs is someone with a shell
account to start a logger bot (eg [1]) and a cronjob to move the output
to a server where google picks it up (planetcocoon?)

What triggered me to write this ? Last week i was looking for a solution
to an obscure SVG scripting problem and found (through google) a comment
in the #svg channel that gave me a hint about how to solve it. No other
mailinglists or docs had this information.

Objections? Thoughts?

Jorg

PS @Mark: isn't there a drupal module for this ?

[1] http://cvs.librdf.org/cvsweb/redland/logger/