cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Managing credits for contributors
Date Sat, 07 May 2005 21:11:22 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> On the other hand, a full author listing means more work because of one
> more file to update when we commit a contribution (and the need to avoid
> duplicates).

over at lenya, we have done away with the status file (too much work),
and use SVN commit logs directly. the results, with some care taken for
the commit messages, is quite similar to status.xml:

http://lenya.apache.org/changes.html

of course, with some more xsl smarts, that could be further improved

we also mention who a patch comes from in the commit logs, which means
they show up on the changes too.

just a thought,

-gregor