cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From oceatoon <t.katelb...@systheo.com>
Subject Re: Flow Input Modules and sitemap global variable ??
Date Sat, 07 May 2005 12:24:59 GMT
Thanks a lot Leszek,

Very intersting LinkRewriterTransformer :), this is something we did in our
own system through xsl, I realise everything allready existed within cocoon
for uri rewriting according to context (Those little Cocoon pleasures ;).
I'll have to add this to the migrating Containers docs, it was definitly
missing somewhere out there.

This is great for all my urls all over our website since it replaces any
attributes context, but in Flow there is no attribute  and since all my
logics are in there, I have quite a few context relative paths. I'm afraid
it won't be able to use this in FLow.

Which brings me to my next question, the sitemap global variables, by
placing the result of my input module ({realpath}) into a globalvar I can
easely use it from everywhere even from Flow.
Please tell me why this would be a bad idea ?

Could you please give me a bit more detail on how to use the
InputModuleHelper, sorry I don't quite get it? The name sounds great but
how could this help me ?

Thanks for the help
Regards
Tibor

> oceatoon wrote:
>> Hi devers
>>
>> I posted this in Users, but with no luck I'm trying the devers.
>> Is it possible to call an input module from flow to retreive a value like
>> realpath?
>> I know I could pass it from the sitemap but it's a bit complicated,
>> because this particular variable concerns all my pipelines.
> cocoon-core.xconf states:
>
> | InputModules are a replacement to reading values directly
> | e.g. from request parameters. By using this abstraction and
> | indirection, other components can be more generic and changes
> | to the application logic are easier.
> |
> | A number of components already use InputModules: the sitemap processor,
> | flow, some matchers, the linkrewriting transformer, database actions
> | and more.
>
> this will lead you to

src/blocks/linkrewriter/java/org/apache/cocoon/transformation/LinkRewriterTransformer.java