cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Crabtree <paul.crabt...@gmail.com>
Subject [Continuations] ConcurrentModificationException when invalidating on JBoss
Date Tue, 17 May 2005 17:25:57 GMT
Hi all,

This is kind of a repost but with more importance. We're due to go live soon
with the Cocoon project im working on but ever since an upgrade to Cocoon
2.1.7 we've been experiencing ConcurrentModificationException warnings from
ContinuationsManagerImpl.invalidateContinuations as Cocoon tries to clear up
old continuations (im assuming).

I'm worried that perhaps these arent being cleaned up at all which could be
the start of a memory leak. We werent getting them on 2.1.6 and upgraded to
2.1.7 to gain the functionality of continuations being bound to sessions
that this upgrade offered.

We're running Cocoon 2.1.7 on JBoss 3.2.5 on Java 1.4.2

Any help would be much apreciated.

Regards,
Paul.

please find the jboss console output below.

17:20:22,831 WARN [Context] Unable to perform background process on manager
 at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextEntry(HashMap.java:782)
 at java.util.HashMap$KeyIterator.next(HashMap.java:818)
 at
org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.ContinuationsManagerImpl.invalidateContinuations
(ContinuationsManagerImpl.java:487)
 at org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.ContinuationsManagerImpl.access$100(
ContinuationsManagerImpl.java:75)
 at
org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.ContinuationsManagerImpl$WebContinuationsHolder.valueUnbound
(ContinuationsManagerImpl.java:567)
 at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.removeAttributeInternal(
StandardSession.java:1565)
 at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.expire(StandardSession.java
:708)
 at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.isValid(StandardSession.java
:566)
 at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.processExpires(
StandardManager.java:782)
 at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.backgroundProcess(
StandardManager.java:795)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.backgroundProcess(
StandardContext.java:4618)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren
(ContainerBase.java:1619)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren
(ContainerBase.java:1628)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren
(ContainerBase.java:1628)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.run(
ContainerBase.java:1608)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)