cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Location of cforms stylesheets
Date Thu, 26 May 2005 14:14:12 GMT
Il giorno 26/mag/05, alle 13:12, Reinhard Poetz ha scritto:

> Why do you modify them directly and don't override templates in the
> file that includes them? Direct modifications is a very bad idea IMO.
> If you want to know what they look like you can either extract them
> from the JAR or have a look at SVN. Ok, not as convinient as having
> them copied into your custom project but I'm willing to pay this
> price.

Because sometimes the modification is small but must be done across
numerous templates, like adding class attributes here and there.

Probably those stylesheets should be designed for extensibility from
the start, and not as samples. Right now, the situation is akin to
having to extend a Java class by overriding method implementations,
whereas it would be more effective to use a "template method" pattern
with well-defined extension points.

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei