cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Micro kernel use cases? (was: [RT] Micro kernel based Cocoon)
Date Mon, 23 May 2005 05:38:29 GMT
Le 22 mai 05, à 20:24, Daniel Fagerstrom a écrit :

> ...It would require quite a lot of work to give a fair overview of
> what we have discussed about this in the last three or so years. You
> find some info in http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/Blocks...

Would it be possible to come up with a (small) set of "blocks-oriented"
use cases to re-sync our collective vision of what a micro-kernel
Cocoon would bring?

I'm thinking of use cases like "start the Cocoon kernel", "load a block
at startup", locate and download a block after startup", "debug my
block during development", "use a block service from my own code", etc.

I don't know if the granularity is right, but having a set of use-cases
(not more than about two A4-pages?)  might make it easier to agree on
concrete ideas.

-Bertrand