cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Leicester <mark.leices...@efurbishment.com>
Subject Re: Community health
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 20:55:04 GMT
Hi Sebastien,

Goodness me. There's plenty of strength of feeling expressed in this
email. I'm grateful to you for talking this way. I think my motivation
for working on spreadcocoon and planetcocoon comes from a similar place
so perhaps I can empathise.

I've been thinking about ways we can keep documentation current:
* It strikes me that folksonomy offers developer communities some help
here. If documentation can be continuously re-tagged then it's
usefulness will evolve.
* Mailing lists similarly could benefit from tagging, with tags like
"How do I?", "Worked for me", "Useful" etc.
* Let's make our examples, tutorials and recipes into psuedo-unit
tests. This way we can automatically tell whether an example is still
relevant or not, as Cocoon evolves. Code samples could be generated
automatically from the code itself to avoid cut and paste errors.

What do you think Sebastien? Others?

Take care,
Mark