cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "James Bates" <James.Ba...@amplexor.com>
Subject User-Agent in Command-line interface
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 11:07:21 GMT
The Cocoon command line interface provides a switch for simulating the
Cocoon User-Agent header that would be sent by a browser. The idea being
that it could be used by e.g. the browser selector to "detect" that a
request is coming from the CLI.

When investigating however, I noticed that the Cocoon bean (the class
that implements the CLI) does not place the User-Agent into a HEDAER,
but into a request PARAMETER instead (occurs on line 407 of
CocoonWrapper.java, in method processURI() in BRANCH_2_1_X; line 421 of
the same file in 2.2 trunk).

Is there a particular reason for this behaviour? Would it be desirable
to change the behaviour so the User-Agent is indeed submitted as a
request HEADER, thus perfectly emulating a HTTP call? I am perfectly
willing to submit a patch to that effect...

Thanks,

James Bates