cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Ezkovich <gez...@cox.net>
Subject Re: Planet Cocoon license and reuse of docs
Date Thu, 26 May 2005 17:11:24 GMT

On May 25, 2005, at 8:49 AM, Linden H van der (MI) wrote:

> Well, since there are no rules for documentation right now, everyone
> wanting to write documentation is free to use whatever tool they like.
> Sorry, but I haven't seen (apart from Upayavira and Ralph) anyone
> posting "here's some documentation".

True.

> Either it's not done or it ends up in some nook or cranny of the
> internet (blog, own website, whatever).

Or relegated to the internal confines of a client's organization. :-(

> I do agree with your arguments but what you propose means we need a
> setup that could pass for a publisher's office. This community has no
> means to set up something like this and AFAIK no members that can
> do the
> job. So, let's work with what we DO have.

I agree and thats my point. Tools are useful, but they are not the
stumbling block. Lets just get it done. If there is any documentation
out there waiting to be published send it to me and I'll start the
process, manage it and do what it takes to get it published. I'm
tired of these constant discussions about the poor state of Cocoon's
documentation. In its simplest form Cocoon is incredibly simple to
use. Sure Cocoon is multifaceted and allows you hundreds if not
thousands of ways to publish and create web apps, but once you know
what those ways are, its really not that difficult. Lets start making
this clear to users.

Glen Ezkovich
HardBop Consulting
glen at hard-bop.com