cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest & Daisy integration scenarios
Date Fri, 13 May 2005 15:44:08 GMT
Le 13 mai 05, à 12:36, Steven Noels a écrit :
> ...I'm quite convinced though that documentation committers are
> currently passively discouraged by the patch/mail mechanism...

Sounds right.

But there is another part of our docs which is still incomplete: the
autogenerated reference docs, created (mostly) from javadoc-like tags.

IIRC (but I haven't checked recently) the mechanism is working, someone
"just" needs to check that it is applied consistently to all
components, and add "some" explanations in javadocs.

> ...Remember what started the Cocoon Wiki? Content (Leigh Dodds) +
> platform (JSPWiki). Leigh had valuable content to offer, and the
> format was a mere side effect of his preferred authoring tool...

Very true.

Problem is, ATM I don't think anyone has a sizeable chunk of up-to-date
consistent content to contribute. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

If someone could come up with that (in any structured format - we do
conversions don't we?), I'd be all for starting to use Daisy to create
"editorial" (as opposed to generated) docs, and would volunteer to help
administer it if needed. But until this sizeable chunk exists, setting
up new tools might be a waste of time.

-Bertrand