cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Conal Tuohy" <>
Subject RE: Document publishing worklow (was Re: Expert pre-defined/community post-defined?)
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 23:46:17 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> > I like the notion of
> >
> >  daisy -> forrest -> out
> >
> > makes very good sense.
> >
> > Now we just need to find a way to automate a little that
> workflow, but
> > without introducing security vulnerabilities.
> How about this (bullet summaries followed by textual description.
> Daisy as editing environment.
> 	- anyone can edit
> 	- people are given quick "committership" here
> 	- change mails are sent out by Daisy for docs committer review
>          - docs committers review changes and publish to the
> daisy repo
> Forrest as publishing tool
>          - cocoon committers manage a
> 	- brings together XDocs, wiki docs, Daisy docs etc.
> 	- publish to (or dynamically host on) a staging server
> Offical Docs site
> 	- live Apache site is pulled from staging server

Regarding the structuring of the resulting documentation (as opposed to
the content) ... can you comment on that aspect?

Does Daisy have support for tagging (whether "folksonomy" or controlled
vocabularies of some sort)?

How might these tags integrate with the "core" concepts in xdocs, the
Forrest sitemap, etc?

I've been working recently on a website upgrade project which uses XML
Topic Maps to deal with these issues - the site was relaunched just last
week. Now I'm wondering if the Cocoon community might benefit from using
XTM. It looks like a classic application for topic maps. I think they
could help by providing a set of logical "hooks" to tag content with,
and tools for harvesting metadata, merging topics, querying etc.

View raw message