cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Leicester <mark.leices...@efurbishment.com>
Subject Re: Mailing list statistics
Date Thu, 19 May 2005 00:22:04 GMT
> But I see Mark's aims with the hall of fame more as a measurement tool
> for community participation than a way for people to show off. And in
> that way it can be considered to be a valuable resource. The problem
> however is that the raw number of posts says nothing about their
> quality, starting by not being able to distinguish questions and
> answers. The "rounds of applause" as I understand it is a way for
> people to express their gratefulness to people that helped them.

Yes Sylvain, this is what I am proposing: another (more measurable) way
for people to express their gratefulness to people that have helped
them. Is anyone else a user of 43things (see http://www.43things.com/)?
The 43things "cheers" are a lovely example of this kind of thing, where
people have a simple mechanism to encourage others. Read about cheers
here: http://www.43things.com/about/view/cheers. The cheer carries no
weight other than encouragement. The idea of 'targets', that is,
collect 100 "rounds of applause" and progress to a notional 'next
level', are optional.

I'll have a go at implementing such an idea in PlanetCocoon. You can
take a look for yourselves - and judge its merit.

> Ah, and I agree with Vadim: change the favicon :-)

Changed: it's now a more "PC" image. ;)

Best regards,
Mark