cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Bart Molenkamp" <b.molenk...@bizzdesign.nl>
Subject [CForms] having more control over showing/processing a form
Date Mon, 09 May 2005 15:37:13 GMT
Hi all,

Currently, in flowscript, you display a form by calling
form.showForm(uri). This function loops until the form is successfully
processed. There is, as far as I can see, no way to get between there.

I wonder if it would be useful to define two more functions in Form.js,
that allow me to have better control over displaying/processing a form.
E.g. something like:

var form = new Form("form.xml");

var finished = false;
do {
  form.showPage("form-template.xml");    // show the form only once.

  if (user clicked some link) {
    // dome something else
  } else {
    finished = form.process();           // process the form only once.
  }
} while (!finished);

In this case, I do the looping that is otherwise done in the
form.showForm() function. But now I have more control over the form
flow. And, form.showForm() still exists and can be built using the above
two new methods.

I can make this change. Would it be valuable addition for CForms, or
not?

Thanks,
Bart.