cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: How-to revert a change?
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 22:10:46 GMT
On Mar, 3 de Mayo de 2005, 16:30, Vadim Gritsenko dijo:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>>>What happens?
>>

>> svn merge -r HEAD:165501
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/util/NetUtils.java
>> svn: requerimiento REPORT falló en '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default'
>> svn:
>> Cannot replace a directory from within
>
> Make sure you type command as written above:
>
>     svn merge -r HEAD:53864
>     src/java/org/apache/cocoon/util/NetUtils.java
>     src/java/org/apache/cocoon/util/NetUtils.java
>
> Note that file name is repeated twice. Probably you wrote only once and it
> tried
> to patch ".", and failed.

Yep. This was the reason! Thank you very much for the tip! I tried for
hours to do that and reading around. It never comes to me to write twice
the filename.

Perhaps the docs are not good enough:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/ch04s04.html#svn-ch-4-sect-4.2

Here is now the correct output:

[agallardo@localhost cocoon-2.1]$ svn merge -r HEAD:165501 \
src/java/org/apache/cocoon/util/NetUtils.java \
src/java/org/apache/cocoon/util/NetUtils.java
U  src/java/org/apache/cocoon/util/NetUtils.java

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.