cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: CForms:Selection List generated Repeater ??
Date Mon, 30 May 2005 02:54:58 GMT
On Dom, 29 de Mayo de 2005, 11:31, oceatoon dijo:
> Hi everyone
> As I can see there are quite a bit of movement around selection-list, I'll
> reopen an old request of mine about repeaters being able to be generated
> from a selection list.

> Meaning if a selection list is positionned on a
> widget inside a repeater, the repeater will generate as many rows that
> contains the selection list.

Do you mean to feed a Repeater from an Array?

> Example:
> my repeater contains a label outputfield, and a few field widgets
> if the label is made "selectionlistable" this would generate as many rows
> as contained in the Selectionlist, with the different labels.

> I already do this programaticaly on binding but it seems to me, its real
> place is in the model as a simple declaration.

Not sure if this is the same I have in mind. But it can helps when showing
results of a search. For example, in one form whe show the posible
criteria for the search, when the users send the request, we consult the
DB and fetch the rows meeting the result. We are currently using
jxtemplate for this purpose.

Thinking in that, a way to save developer time is (and I will also like to
see it implemented) a "paginatable repeaters" with "back-page",
"next-page" buttons. or soething similar.

WDYT?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.