cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: [SUMMARY] Caching DynamicSelectionList
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 13:55:26 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> On Mar, 31 de Mayo de 2005, 8:04, Vadim Gritsenko dijo:
>
>>Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>>
>>>THE SOLUTION

>>>Our proposed solution is add a new user defined attribute, called
>>>"cache"
>>>in <fd:selection-list>. This way the cform user can decide when he wants
>>>to use a cached DSL or not. For SSL this attribute has no meaning.
>>
>>Three questions:
>>
>>  (1) What is cached? What is the structure of cached object.
>

> We will cache a SaxBuffer of the selection-list.
>

>>  (2) WRT to (1), how to cache selection list for a longer time
>>      period than for single request? e.g., for (a) session
>>      duration, (b) for predefined time interval.
>

> This was not considered. I think we should discuss this.
>

>>  (3) Why you do not cache output of the pipeline producing
>>      selection list?
>

> Yep. We do that. See reply to (1).

(1) was not question about pipeline but question about selection list caching
which you were about to implement - and you had anwered it.

(3) is my question why your pipeline producing selection list is currently not
cacheable, as far as I understand, and why you do not want to try caching it.
This question is *completely* not related to the selection lists at all.

Vadim