cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Rework block directory structure
Date Mon, 30 May 2005 16:25:39 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>

>> Some time ago we decided that we want a flat directory structure
>> (/cocoon/blocks/[block-name]/... instead of
>> /cocoon/blocks/[community-status]/[block-name]/...) for blocks but we
>> haven't yet changed it.
>>
>> I will do the move on Monday - please make sure that you have checked
>> in all your changes in existing blocks *by Sunday evening CET* or
>> expect more work to merge your work again. Thanks (and sorry for the
>> inconveniences)
>

> Checking out the new layout, I see that we now have the following layout:
> cocoon/trunk/src/blocks/[block-name]/trunk/...
>
> Is the [block-name]/*trunk*/ really what was intended? It changes the
> directory layout and checkouts all branches of a given block in a single
> project, which is very likely to cause problems the day where we start
> branching blocks...

For now we only have trunk. I hope that real blocks will be available soon and
then a block is an independant build and deployment unit and *not* part of Cocon
core any more. For now it doesn't harm to include the complete tree and svn
operations become much faster.

> It seems to me that, even if we remove the [community-status], we still
> need a separate svn:external for each block to point to the appropriate
> branch.

IIUC there is no need for this. In gump.xml we can point to the correct directory.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc