cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Rework block directory structure
Date Mon, 30 May 2005 16:12:07 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Some time ago we decided that we want a flat directory structure
> (/cocoon/blocks/[block-name]/... instead of
> /cocoon/blocks/[community-status]/[block-name]/...) for blocks but we
> haven't yet changed it.
>
> I will do the move on Monday - please make sure that you have checked
> in all your changes in existing blocks *by Sunday evening CET* or
> expect more work to merge your work again. Thanks (and sorry for the
> inconveniences)

Checking out the new layout, I see that we now have the following layout:
cocoon/trunk/src/blocks/[block-name]/trunk/...

Is the [block-name]/*trunk*/ really what was intended? It changes the
directory layout and checkouts all branches of a given block in a single
project, which is very likely to cause problems the day where we start
branching blocks...

It seems to me that, even if we remove the [community-status], we still
need a separate svn:external for each block to point to the appropriate
branch.

Sylvain