cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: mod_cache and Content-length
Date Mon, 30 May 2005 14:53:46 GMT
Ugo Cei wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was reading the ControllingModCache wiki page [1] and it says:
>
> "To generate Content-length, you must currently create your own
> serializer, to set the buffering flag, as it is not yet configurable."
>
> And indeed, there's no way to configure generation of content-length
> header in AbstractTextSerializer without overriding the
> shouldSetContentLenght() method in a subclass.
>
> Is there any particular reason why this has not been made configurable,
> or is it just that nobody has had this particular itch to scratch yet?
> In the latter case, I'd like to scratch it myself, if no one objects.

This is one way of doing it - the other one is using the "buffering" of
the pipeline. By default, the whole content of a pipeline is first
"cached" in memory and only on success written to the output stream.
This prevents corrupt output if an error occurs during processing and
the handle-errors part is invoked.
So, we could also *always* set the content length if the pipeline
buffers by itself. WDYT?

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/