cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: CForms:Selection List generated Repeater ??
Date Mon, 30 May 2005 08:55:36 GMT
oceatoon wrote:

>Hi Sylvain
>>IIUC what you describe here is a kind of Map, where the key set would be
>>the selection list and the values would be the widget rows. Am I right?
>Yes that right
>>I don't think we need a new widget type for this as the repeater is
>>versatile enough. Either a binding or a helper on-create event listener
>>should be what is needed to automate this.
>Consistent you are, since you gave me the same answer the first time around ;)

LOL! I didn't remember my first answer :-)

>And I followed your advise (I use binding JS) but it would make
>the structure a lot simpler, and all definition would be in the model
>(Respect to the SOC ;).
>It's not a new widget just a new functionality to existing repeaters
>enabling them to be mapped on a selection list. A repeater can only be
>filled through binding or on-create listener and this would be yet another
>initialisation possiblity.

So what do you suggest: a new "mapped-repeater" widget which extends
repeater with a selection-list to create the rows?

There is a problem though: how would the repeater be loaded from
existing data? What is the role of the selection list in that case?

>sorry persistent I am.

This I have seen :-)