cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Possible memory leak when handle-errors is called
Date Mon, 30 May 2005 08:04:35 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>
>>not when the TraxTransformer is used in "handle-errors"-sections, in usual
>>pipelines yes. What's the difference?
>>

> (I guess you know this) The TraxTransformer is a pooled component, so
> after the request is finished, it should be put back into the pool. If
> it is put back into the pool, the recycle() method will be called.
> So, as the method is not called, it seems that the whole pipeline is not
> "recycled" after the request is finished.

which is strange as it works in for usual pipelines but not for handle-error
pipelines.

> When this happens you have a memory leak.
> Now, the remaining question is: why is the transformer not put back into
> the pool? I had a brief look at the code, but was soon lost...
> Do we have an example in our SVN? Can I just invoke a non existent pipeline?

yes, you can invoke any non exisiting pipeline like http://localhost:8888/asgfsg

(I added System.out.println statements to setup() and recycle() as logging still
doesn't work for sitemap components.)

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc