cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Possible memory leak when handle-errors is called
Date Mon, 30 May 2005 07:53:25 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> not when the TraxTransformer is used in "handle-errors"-sections, in usual
> pipelines yes. What's the difference?

(I guess you know this) The TraxTransformer is a pooled component, so
after the request is finished, it should be put back into the pool. If
it is put back into the pool, the recycle() method will be called.
So, as the method is not called, it seems that the whole pipeline is not
"recycled" after the request is finished. When this happens you have a
memory leak.
Now, the remaining question is: why is the transformer not put back into
the pool? I had a brief look at the code, but was soon lost...
Do we have an example in our SVN? Can I just invoke a non existent pipeline?

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/