cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CForms:Selection List generated Repeater ??
Date Sun, 29 May 2005 20:34:41 GMT
oceatoon wrote:

>Hi everyone
>As I can see there are quite a bit of movement around selection-list, I'll
>reopen an old request of mine about repeaters being able to be generated
>from a selection list. meaning if a selection list is positionned on a
>widget inside a repeater, the repeater will generate as many rows that
>contains the selection list.
>
>example:
>my repeater contains a label outputfield, and a few field widgets
>if the label is made "selectionlistable" this would generate as many rows as
>contained in the Selectionlist, with the different labels.
>
>I allready do this programaticaly on binding but it seems to me, its real
>place is in the model as a simple declaration.

IIUC what you describe here is a kind of Map, where the key set would be
the selection list and the values would be the widget rows. Am I right?

I don't think we need a new widget type for this as the repeater is
versatile enough. Either a binding or a helper on-create event listener
should be what is needed to automate this.

Sylvain