cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: Cforms: Setting up @dynamic programatically in a SelectionList.
Date Sun, 29 May 2005 12:18:06 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>Hi, It's me again!
>BTW, dunno, if I am asking to much from cforms? Sorry if this is the case.

Asking too much? Hey Antonio, CForms is powerful because it answers its
user's needs!

>Question: In definition.xml, how in javascript code we can set an
>attribute? Or I want to know how to build programatically a DSL like:
><fd:selection-list src="cocoon:/" dynamic="true"/>
>I know we often use this:
>myWidget.setSelectionList("cocoon:/" + value);
>But how to make the above line @dynamic? I am asking because soon  I will
>need to set also @cache.  ;-)

When you call setSelectionList with a URI, it is implicitely dynamic. So
you're not asking too much, it's already there!

And following the principle of least surprise, this should IMO be the
default behavior, i.e. the default value for the "dynamic" attribute
should be false. Only if people know that the URI has to be loaded
statically should they have to say dynamic="false" to have a better