cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [RT] Cforms selection-lists
Date Sun, 29 May 2005 08:56:20 GMT
On 29.05.2005 10:10, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> I don't see why you consider it as pollution. Request attributes do
> exist, and their purpose is to provide temporary storage for the various
> things that participate in processing a request and are isolated either
> in space (different classes) or time (same class called several times --
> our case here).

But the request lifecycle does not necessarily match the form processing
lifecycle.

>> Would it not be possible to have just one buffering
>> SelectionListHandler per source and request (or form) with an internal
>> SAXBuffer?
>
> What would this handler do? Associate a buffered selection-list content
> to a request? Then why not using request attributes?

This handler already exists:
org.apache.cocoon.forms.datatype.DynamicSelectionList.SelectionListHandler.
My idea was to use it also for buffering.
The usage of it probably also has to be changed then in
org.apache.cocoon.forms.datatype.DynamicSelectionList.generateSaxFragment(ContentHandler,

Locale, Source).

Joerg