cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <>
Subject Possible memory leak when handle-errors is called
Date Sat, 28 May 2005 07:50:02 GMT

I noticed that the memory consumption of my 2.2 applications (I haven't looked
into BRANCH_2.1.X yet) is steadily increasing. First I blamed the HTMLGenerator,
then I found out that the produced HTML contains a lot of img, script, link and
iframe tags. Those tags have in common that they lead to another server request
for which I haven't setup any pipelines yet and though they lead to
'core.manager.handled-errors' exceptions (confirmed by the logs).

Yourkit revealed that the size (retained size[1]) of CocoonServiceManager and
the TraxTransformer increases exceptionally. Garbage collection doesn't really
reduce the size of those objects.

Any ideas?

[1] Retained size of an object is its shallow size plus the shallow sizes of the
objects that are accessible, directly or indirectly, only from this object. In
other words, the retained size represents the amount of memory that will be
freed by garbage collector when this object is collected.