cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Location of cforms stylesheets
Date Thu, 26 May 2005 11:12:30 GMT
Ugo Cei wrote:
> Il giorno 26/mag/05, alle 12:21, Reinhard Poetz ha scritto:
>
>> sorry, I don't understand this. Do you mean that some people complelty
>> rewrite the stylesheets?
>

> They probably modify them (like me).

Why do you modify them directly and don't override templates in the file that
includes them? Direct modifications is a very bad idea IMO. If you want to know
what they look like you can either extract them from the JAR or have a look at
SVN. Ok, not as convinient as having them copied into your custom project but
I'm willing to pay this price.

> If you have them in the jar, it
> becomes more difficult

That's not a disadvantage as they shouldn't be modified.

> and you risk confusion over what files are
> actually used when you have a locally modified copy.
>
> In short, I don't think it's a good idea, but then again I would prefer
> some better way to customize those. I don't know how, though.

I know but I don't think that you'll like the answer (real blocks) ;-)

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc