cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Small CMS on top of the SVN repository
Date Wed, 25 May 2005 14:10:33 GMT
Unico Hommes wrote:

> Linden H van der (MI) wrote:
>
>>>I have a little time on my hands to actually implement some
>>>of the things mentioned. My only question is what are others
>>>possibly doing in parallel setting up some other system. I'd
>>>rather not duplicate efforts when it turns out someone has
>>>set up Daisy somewhere by the end of this week. If someone's
>>>that close to a working system I say we go with that.
>>

>>Daisy already IS set up: www.cocoondev.org/handbook
>>
>>I now use it for the tutorial only, but I really don't mind if it
>>becomes the (temporary?) home of the entire new documentation.
>

> I saw your mail about it right after I hit send :) Well in that case,
> perhaps I should better concentrate on other things. I have to say it
> looks like exactly what is needed. And if Ross is working on a way to
> integrate it with Forrest it seems like our truubles will be over very soon.

I would like to encourage you to create a CForms based editor that will
write to SVN. There is already a plugin for Forrest that creates an
htmlArea editor, however it is not CForms based and only writes to the
filesystem. I've been using it for some time with great success on my
Learning Object editor (http://www.burrokeet.org).

If you create CForms editor here I will replace the existing Forrest
plugin with your CForm based editor.

This will mean that people will be able to do "forrest run" and edit the
content in SVn immediately. As the Daisy plugin matures the same will be
true for content in a Daisy repository. Similarly, if PlanetCocoon
succeeds we can integrate their content and editing in the same way.

My vision is to integrate all the various efforts via a Forrest
publishing system. Please, if you have time go ahead and write the
htmlArea -> SVN editor.

Ross