cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: [RT] for docs?
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 23:19:49 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> On Mar, 24 de Mayo de 2005, 16:30, Upayavira dijo:
>>Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>>>Hi folks,
>>>Given the lastest mails requesting an infraestructure for writing docs
>>>using a CMS + another fact, we know that recently our infra was creating
>>>some * for projects that requested one.
>>>A zone is a virtual machine where we can do whatever we want. ;-)
>>>I don't saw that somebody requested a zone for cocoon. And I think we
>>>There we can setup our demo site, but most important:
>>>A cocoon based CMS for the documentations efforts.
>>Before someone says "we should use the proposed site-build zone", I
>>think, if someone is prepared to set up a Cocoon zone, we should go that
>>We do not know what is involved in running a CMS, and we will learn more
>>if we just do it within our own community first. Then, if we learn
>>something that is useful to a wider Apache community, and actually
>>complete something, then we can consider migrating across to the
>>site-build zone. For the time being, we should, IMO, have our own zone
>>to play in.
>>+0, only because I don't expect to have time to contribute.
> Well, I think we can request some help from the experts in the area.
> Should some CMS people help us here?

I do not consider myself an "expert" in CMS systems. I consider myself
more of an integrator of documentation provided by various CMS's.

I was/am intending to do some experimentation with Daisy + Forrest in
the Forrest zone. Another Thorsten also intends to integrate Lenya +
Forrest. It would be senseless for us to divide our efforts.

I already demonstated how Forrest can integrate existing docs from svn
and a Daisy repository. With the help of the PlanetCocoon people we
should be able to integrate any future content from them too,
integrating the wiki docs is trivial since a wiki plugin already exists.

If someone will set up the zone, I'll do what I can to help with respect
to setup and configuration of Forrest and/or Daisy if they are what you
want to use.

View raw message