cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: [RT] cocoon.zones.apache.org for docs?
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 21:30:04 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Given the lastest mails requesting an infraestructure for writing docs
> using a CMS + another fact, we know that recently our infra was creating
> some *.zones.apache.org for projects that requested one.
>
> A zone is a virtual machine where we can do whatever we want. ;-)
>
> I don't saw that somebody requested a zone for cocoon. And I think we can!
> ;-)
>
> There we can setup our demo site, but most important:
>
> A cocoon based CMS for the documentations efforts.

Before someone says "we should use the proposed site-build zone", I
think, if someone is prepared to set up a Cocoon zone, we should go that
way.

We do not know what is involved in running a CMS, and we will learn more
if we just do it within our own community first. Then, if we learn
something that is useful to a wider Apache community, and actually
complete something, then we can consider migrating across to the
site-build zone. For the time being, we should, IMO, have our own zone
to play in.

+0, only because I don't expect to have time to contribute.

Regards, Upayavira