cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Planet Cocoon license and reuse of docs
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 20:35:59 GMT
Sebastien Arbogast wrote:

>The second important thing I notice in your remark is the argument
>that people here know Cocoon but not PHP. But it's exactly our point :
>we don't think Cocoon documentation should remain between Cocoon
>developers and that's also why we chose a PHP based CMS : because
>people are used to it, to its structures, to its customs. Right now
>it's much more natural than any Cocoon-based solution. We consider
>that documentation should not be written by developers and read by
>users... everybody should be able to participate in the same effort
>according to its own skills.
>
>Last but not least, our objective is precisely to make documentation
>writing completely independent from the unerlying technologies, so
>nobody should need to know neither Cocoon nor PHP to write
>documentation (yes a little bit of Cocoon should be useful if one
>wants his content to be useful but... you got my point)

I'm sorry, but this is plain bullshit blabla to ease the pain of not
using our own dog food.

Cocoon is used by some huge content management systems all over the
world. And it wouldn't be suitable to manage its own docs? People will
laugh at us and go away.

Sorry, I currently lack time to read this thread in full details, as I'm
currently giving a Cocoon training to people writing a huge
document/content management system... with Cocoon.

Sylvain