cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Micro kernel based Cocoon
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 17:42:03 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:

>> On that point, I proposed to write a new implementation of the
>> flowscript implementation. This is certainly not a total rewrite, but
>> a refactoring of the existing code to have an overally consistent
>> object model, and also introduce a "flow" object that would separate
>> the flow-specific operations out of the "cocoon" object that should
>> be the common base for the object model, and therefore be identical
>> in all places (flow, templates, form event listeners, etc).
>

> Would be nice!
>
> Having thought a little bit more about it I think that we, for the
> moment, just should make JXTG compatible with flow and independent of
> it. I take care of that if not anyone else feel like doing it. Then we
> can discuss refactorings, deprecation of confusing behaviour etc. But
> we need to support the behaviour of JXTG from 2.1 in 2.2 even if we
> hopefully can deprecate some stuff.

Agree. IIRC, we also talked to have a new CTemplate generator, which
could actually be the next-generation JXTG, working consistently with
the refactored flow engine. Both being new components could concentrate
on overall consistency without caring about backwards compatibility,
whereas the existing classes whould have to ensure this compatibility.

Sylvain