cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gerald Aichholzer <ga...@iicm.tu-graz.ac.at>
Subject Re: [PlanetCocoon] 4 new ideas to discuss on Planet Cocoon
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 14:14:58 GMT
Hello Sebastien,

Sebastien Arbogast wrote:
>>>you can see the aliased edges in the letters a, b, o and c. This
>>>is causing a very blurry presentation when viewing in normal size.
>>
>>It rather looks like ClearType is on. I wonder who named that technology
>>ClearType anyway
>

> I don't think it's because of ClearType, I think it's precisely
> because ClearType is deactivated that Gerald gets this. Because I
> always have ClearType on and I have no problem. I just tried to
> deactivate it and I got almost the same rendering (not as blurry but
> it depends on the quality of your screen and your video driver).
> Gerald try to make sure that ClearType is on : Control
> panel/Display/4th tab/Button Effects...-> Anti-aliasing
> method=ClearType
> And tell me if the problem is still there.

you're right - using ClearType is even better.

When writing about this problem for the first time the font aliasing
was set to "default" which makes your page (i.e. the font your are
using) very difficult to read.

Disabling font aliasing results in a much better presentation, Clear-
Type is excellent. But I will still have to decide if I like this
technology because now every application benefits from this which
looks quite unfamiliar (at least for now).

Thank you for your help :)

Gerald