cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gerald Aichholzer <ga...@iicm.tu-graz.ac.at>
Subject Re: [PlanetCocoon] 4 new ideas to discuss on Planet Cocoon
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 13:25:48 GMT
Hi Leszek,

Leszek Gawron wrote:
> Gerald Aichholzer wrote:
>
>> Sebastien Arbogast wrote:

>>> Could you please send me a screenshot of what you can see so that I
>>> can identify where the problem is ?
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>   http://www.sbox.tugraz.at/home/g/gary/planetcocoon_zoomed.png
>>
>> you can see the aliased edges in the letters a, b, o and c. This
>> is causing a very blurry presentation when viewing in normal size.
>
> It rather looks like ClearType is on. I wonder who named that technology
> ClearType anyway

this is what I am asking myself, too ;-)

Thanx for your info, this has solved the problem. Although not ClearType
but the default font aliasing was enabled. Disabling it made everything
much better.

The only strange thing is that planet cocoon is the first page I have
such problems with. Aliasing might be dependant on the font.

Gerald