cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gerald Aichholzer <>
Subject Re: [PlanetCocoon] 4 new ideas to discuss on Planet Cocoon
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 12:54:44 GMT
Hi Sebastien,

Sebastien Arbogast wrote:
> 2005/5/23, Gerald Aichholzer <>:
>>But something completely different:
>>What fonts are you using? In my environment (Firefox 1.04, WinXP Pro)
>>my eyes get hurt (same for Opera and IE) :/
>>Well, it is very difficult to read for me and I would suggest a
>>different font (or is it my system?). It looks like some font-
>>aliasing goes wrong and your text is shown extremely blurred.
> This is exactly the kind of feedback we need (among other kinds :-P)
> Because in my firefox, maxthon or opera I perfectly see it, even if
> the main font is not installed (Bitstream Vera Sans ! I didn't even
> know of it... thx Mark ;-)) I can read Verdana (the second one in the
> CSS list).
> Could you please send me a screenshot of what you can see so that I
> can identify where the problem is ?

I just wanted to point out a possible problem - I might not be the
only one. You can find screenshots here (~200kB each):

Anyway it looks like some configuration with my notebook (although
I haven't touched anything - as always ^^). I have just tried on
a second computer - there it looks better, but it looks like it
has font aliasing deactivated.

If you look at

you can see the aliased edges in the letters a, b, o and c. This
is causing a very blurry presentation when viewing in normal size.

thanx a lot,

View raw message