cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Cascading the cinclude transformer
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 02:52:52 GMT
Michael Schlotfeldt wrote:
<snip/>
> So in the nested cinclude should be processed and then parent one. This
> way the result from the first can be used as parameters for the parent.
>
> Is there a way to do this already? If not, how would everybody suggest I
> proceed. My first thought was extending or modifying the current cinclude.

My suggestion is to use sitemap instead:

   <map:transform type="secondOne"/>
   <map:transform type="firstOne"/>

It is not hard to match on some specific node and transform

   <name>matti</name>
   <age>36</age>

into whatever format is necessary using transformer(s) - custom or XSLT -
instead of cascading lots of includes. As a bonus, result should be easier to
read and understand.

Vadim