cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NullPointerException building cocoon for forrest
Date Mon, 23 May 2005 12:00:14 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since this version:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi?rev=164112&view=rev
>
> I am getting a null pointer exception when runnig forrest:

>         at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initialize(Cocoon.java:177)
>         at
> org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.initialize(ContainerUtil.java:283)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.bean.CocoonWrapper.initialize(CocoonWrapper.java:175)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.bean.CocoonBean.initialize(CocoonBean.java:98)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.Main.main(Main.java:320)
>
> Can someone put some light on how to fix it?

You're using trunk? Great :) Now, the CLI is (obviously) not working
atm. The creation
of an environment (like cli, servlet etc) has been simplified (or
rewritten...) and only the servlet environment uses the new mechanism.
So the solution is to change the CocoonBean and let it use the new
CoreUtil class (like the servlet class already does).
So, the CocoonWrapper class should use the CoreUtil - this should reduce
the code there as well. Rewriting this is on my agenda for the next days.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/