cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Releasing 2.2
Date Mon, 23 May 2005 06:39:26 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:

> I doubt many will switch until 2.2 is stable - i.e we've had a few
> releases of it.  I would recommend that we continue doing maintenance on
> 2.1 until at least a stable 2.2.0 is released and possibly a release or
> two later.  That doesn't mean that new features need to be backported to
> 2.1 though.

Exactly. It took a long time until the majority updated from 2.0 to 2.1;
and still there are many installations out there using 2.0.x. So we have
to maintain 2.1.x for a long time.
But as soon as 2.2 is final we don't have to sync the branches anymore,
just for bugfixes.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/