cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <>
Subject Re: [RT] Micro kernel based Cocoon
Date Mon, 23 May 2005 06:37:53 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:
> Why is updating more difficult. We have MBeans that do both. Creating an
> operation that updates isn't that hard.  The hard part is figuring out
> what you want to manage.
And what happens after you updated a value. Changing pool sizes or
something like that is easy. But what about changing some "core
settings" like the working directory (this is just an example, I don't
say/know if that makes sense)? Several components use the working
directory, so either you have to reinstantiate them or notify them or
something like that. But neither option is really nice.