cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Micro kernel use cases?
Date Mon, 23 May 2005 06:33:53 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Le 22 mai 05, à 20:24, Daniel Fagerstrom a écrit :
>
>> ...It would require quite a lot of work to give a fair overview of
>> what we have discussed about this in the last three or so years. You
>> find some info in http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/Blocks...
>

> Would it be possible to come up with a (small) set of
> "blocks-oriented" use cases to re-sync our collective vision of what a
> micro-kernel Cocoon would bring?
>
> I'm thinking of use cases like "start the Cocoon kernel", "load a
> block at startup", locate and download a block after startup", "debug
> my block during development", "use a block service from my own code",
> etc.

1. Start Cocoon kernel.
2. Load Portal Application which causes:
    2a. Load Portal block dependencies.
    2b. Load Portal block.
3. Configure portal application which causes:
    3a. Load Internal Portlet block dependencies.
    3b. Load Internal Portlet blocks.
    3c. Configure Internal portlets.

If this can be made to work along with reloading portlets I would be
ecstatic  Hmm. This also makes me wonder if the PortalManagers couldn't
be modified to take advantage of this now without modifiying the Cocoon
core, at least with respect to portlets.