cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [RT] Releases
Date Sun, 22 May 2005 18:32:52 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
<snip/>
>> IMO we should find a less demanding and more realistic attitude for
>> Cocoon releases, so that we can go towards "release early, release
>> often".
>>
>> Planning what should be part of the next major release seem harmfull,
>> as the relase can stall forever if there is a difference between what
>> we would like to have in the release and what we actually are
>> implementing.
>
> yes, that's my conclusion too. (For now I will stop to write any plans
> or enter bugzilla entries.)

Hmm, that is to overdo it IMO. Plans and todo lists and Bugzilla entries
can be very usefull for knowing what is left todo, weak points etc. The
problem is when we put together a number of todo lists and say that they
constitute the next minor version, it works for companies but it just
doesn't seem to work for a volontary project like our.

/Daniel