cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Micro kernel based Cocoon
Date Sun, 22 May 2005 12:51:00 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>
>>IMO it will. AFAIU the plugin concept in Eclipse is considered straight
>>forward for most people. The blocks will be very similar to plugins.
>>

> Ok, but even if it's simple, you have to learn it :)
>

>>Its not an exchange of Avalon with OSGi.
>
> I know, I didn't mean a technical exchange but a "barrier" exchange.
>

>>I think that everyone should raise their issues so that we don't misses
>>any important consequences. So please continue to make your voice heard ;)
>>

> I'm currently still missing the *big picture*. What are blocks, how does
> Cocoon look like with them. Can I develop something without blocks? What
> do I have to learn? And so on. This might be because I didn't have so
> much time for Cocoon in the last weeks, don't know.

We had some very long threads about these questions. One of the conclusions of
them was that we have discussed enough *for now* and should come up with a
prototyp. Then we have something real that can be discussed in every detail again.

After the three days Blockathon I really want to see a *prototyp
implementation*. I don't say that everything has to work but we should have the
important contracts defined and more important, a *common understanding* on what
we want to reach.

>>If you feel that it is feature complete you can release an alpha right
>>away. Cleenup can be done afterwards. If you can author a list on what
>>you think needs cleanup, it would help.
>>

> :)
>
> I'll see what I can do about it.

AFAIU only some work on cForms is missing (flowscript API and repeater binding)

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc