cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Micro kernel based Cocoon
Date Sun, 22 May 2005 11:36:09 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> IMO it will. AFAIU the plugin concept in Eclipse is considered straight
> forward for most people. The blocks will be very similar to plugins.

Ok, but even if it's simple, you have to learn it :)

> Its not an exchange of Avalon with OSGi.
I know, I didn't mean a technical exchange but a "barrier" exchange.

> I think that everyone should raise their issues so that we don't misses
> any important consequences. So please continue to make your voice heard ;)

I'm currently still missing the *big picture*. What are blocks, how does
Cocoon look like with them. Can I develop something without blocks? What
do I have to learn? And so on. This might be because I didn't have so
much time for Cocoon in the last weeks, don't know.

> If you feel that it is feature complete you can release an alpha right
> away. Cleenup can be done afterwards. If you can author a list on what
> you think needs cleanup, it would help.

:)

I'll see what I can do about it.

Carsten